Home » About Us » Activities
Hospital and Patient Care :
National Heart Foundation Hospital and Research Institute is the prime project of National Heart Foundation of Bangladesh. It is playing a vital role in implementing the objectives of the foundation. The hospital is located at Plot-7/2, Section-2, Mirpur, Dhaka-1216. Initially it started as a modest building with donation from A.N.H. Bari Trust. Later the building was expanded and raised to 330 bedded tertiary care hospital with the support from Government, individual and various organizations at home and abroad. This hospital is carrying out all types of modern non-invasive and invasive investigations including interventional cardiology and both closed and open heart surgery including CABG on beating heart are performed regularly.
Innumerable cardiac patients instead of going abroad are availing modern investigations and treatment facilities in this hospital and thus saving lot of foreign currency. This hospital provides free service to 30% poor patients and all investigations and treatment are done at lower charges than other hospitals.
The hospital is managed by the National Heart Foundation Hospital Trust. The doctors and staff of this institute form a team of highly competent professionals, devoted to achieve objectives and to make this hospital a center of excellence.
To accommodate increasing number of cardiac patients, a new hospital building with 15 storied foundation is under construction at Darussalam Road, Mirpur with the support from Ministry of Social Welfare, Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh. This project will facilitate delivery of modern outdoor, diagnostic and rehabilitation facilities to a greater number of cardiac patients and also training of other relevant manpower.
To provide specialized service to women and pediatric cardiac patients this building will house a dedicated 150-bed cardiac unit for women & children. This unit is built with the support from Ministry of Women and Children Affairs. It is expected to be operational by 2015.
- 1. Out Patients Department (OPD)
- 2. Emergency services for heart patients
- 3. Coronary Care Unit (CCU) & Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- 4. Heart Failure Unit
- 5. ECG, ETT and Echo Cardiography
- 6. Cardiac Catheterization, Angiogram & other Interventions
- 7. Cardiac Surgery
- 8. Prevention and Rehabilitation
- 9. Research
- 10. Biochemical & Pathology Laboratory
- 11. Blood Bank
- 12. Radiology and Imaging
- 13. Ambulance Service
Academic Activities :
Academic activities is conducted by Academic Council.
- 01. Postgraduate courses for doctors: MD cardiology and MS cardiothoracic Surgery
- 02. Certificate course on cardiovascular diseases for general practitioners
- 03. Training program for doctors on cardiovascular diseases.
- 04. Capacity Building of Physicians at Primary Care for Management of Acute Myocardial Infarction (CUPID)
- 05. Training courses for technician in ECG, ETT, Echo, Cath- Lab, Heart Lungs Perfusion
- 06. Diploma & advanced cardiac nursing
- 07. Conference on Cardiovascular Diseases (nhfCCD) held every year
- 08. Seminar, symposium & workshop on recent advance in cardiac management
- 09. Journal of National Heart Foundation of Bangladesh
- 10. Weekly clinical meeting and journal club
- 11. Public education on prevention of cardiovascular diseases through mass media (Press, Radio and TV)
Other activities :
Affiliated body of NHFB: National Heart Foundation of Bangladesh has spread its activities throughout the country through 41 affiliated bodies situated in different districts and sub-districts of the country.
Hypertension Committee NHFB: Hypertension committee of NHFB is an expert group devoted to control and prevention of Hypertension in Bangladesh. It is actively working to create awareness among the people for by organizing seminars, workshops and screening programs.
United Forum Against Tobacco (UFAT): United Forum Against Tobacco, a network of five health professional organizations namely Association of Physicians of Bangladesh, Bangladesh Cancer Society, Bangladesh Lung Foundation, Bangladesh Society of Medicine and National Heart Foundation of Bangladesh was formed to control tobacco menace in the country by involving physicians in the tobacco control.
Heart camps are organized at different places of the country with the help of Affiliated Bodies. Cardiologists & cardiac surgeons participate in the camp, provide treatment heart patients and also educate and motivate people about prevention cardiovascular diseases.
Booklets are published and educational programs are carried out through mass media like radio, TV, press to create awareness among people for prevention of cardiovascular diseases. Rydrog Barta (হৃদরোগ বার্তা) , a newsletter for general people is published in every 6 month regularly.
World Heart Day, World Hypertension Day, World Salt Awareness Week, World No Tobacco Day are observed each year.