Home » NHFB NCD Control & Prevention » Objectives
This project aims to expand the current pilot phase activities of strengthening primary health care system for delivery of hypertension screening, treatment, and follow-up services to 54 sub-district hospitals.
- ♦ To establish universal screening for hypertension and referral system at primary health care facilities (UHCs, Union sub-centers and community clinics)
- ♦ To train physicians, nurses, community health care workers for hypertension diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up following the standard treatment protocol
- ♦ To ensure uninterrupted medication supply by government through advocacy and projections and refilling from community clinics
- ♦ To introduce Simple app for keeping patient record, tracking BP changes and follow-up
- ♦ To campaign for lifestyle changes in community through health care workers
- ♦ To establish a Center of Excellence for conducting implementation research in project sites.
This project aims to
- ♦ Strengthen PHC system for delivering hypertension screening
- ♦ Treatment and follow-up services by increasing hypertension control rate among patients taking hypertension treatment from health centers
- ♦ Increasing hypertension control rate and detection rate in the community
- ♦ Serving as a model for nationwide scale up
Two years 3 months (October 2018-December 2020)